To install the ink cartridges into the printer, one can perform a manual or automated setup. Once this step is over, continue to set the date and time, and check print quality followed by the Brother Printer driver download process.
If you have a CD/ROM you can install the Brother Printer software from there. For the latest and updated version, download Brother Printer drivers from here.
Search Your Printer
Install Brother Printer Driver for Windows
- Before installing the Brother Printer driver, make sure your printer and computer are powered on.
- Navigate to the official Brother website.
- Download the Brother Printer drivers on your computer.
- Once downloaded, open the Brother printer drivers zip file and extract it. (If required, you can choose a specific location to save the extracted file).
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Install Brother Printer Driver for Mac
- Power on your printer and computer before installing Brother Printer drivers.
- Access the official Brother website.
- Download the Brother Printer driver for Mac.
- Once you have downloaded the Brother printer drivers zip file, you have to extract them.
- Select the location to save the extracted file.
- Now, open printers and scanners from your system.
- Click the Plus (+) icon to add your printer model. You can also select your printer from the list displayed on your screen.
- Click the Add button.
- Then, choose the CUPS driver from the Print Using list.
- After that, follow the on-screen instruction to finish the installation process.
Expected Issues with Brother Printer Driver Download
It is possible to confront certain errors while downloading or installing the Brother printer drivers. For instance, you may experience issues such as corrupted, outdated, irrelevant, and damaged drivers with the Brother Printer software download process. In such instances, you are required to uninstall the existing driver and install the latest one from the official Brother printer drivers site.
Guide to Install or First-Time Setup a Brother Printer
- Firstly, you have to remove all the protective tapes from the LCD and machine.
- Now, it’s time to check if you have all the required components shipped to you. It includes ink cartridges, guides, and connecting wires.
- Next, you have to get the paper tray out of the printer. Then, load the paper tray with a stack of arranged papers. Make sure you use the paper guides to adjust the papers.
- Then, put back the paper tray inside the printer.
- Connect the power cord with the printer output and the wall socket.
- After this, press the Power button and wait for the printer to perform all initial settings.
- Open the cartridge cover and remove the orange protective cover. Then, install the ink cartridges inside the printer.
Setting Up My Brother Printer on a Wireless Network
Connecting your printer over a wireless network makes your printing jobs fast and smooth. Moreover, you can set up your Brother printer using different methods. It includes Wireless Direct and Infrastructure mode. You can also use WPS and Ad-hoc mode to connect your printer to WiFi if supported by your printer.
1. Wireless Direct
The bonus point of using Wireless Direct is that it doesn’t need a Wi-Fi access point/router, as the Brother printer serves as a Wi-Fi access point. You can verify the Wireless Direct settings on your Windows or Mac computer and then connect your printer to WiFi.
- Verify the WiFi Direct Settings:
- Windows: Connect your Windows computer and printer by using a USB cable. Then, launch the Printer Setting Tool and open the Communication Settings option. In the General tab, select the Wireless Direct option for the Selected Interface.
- Mac: To connect your Mac PC and printer, insert the USB cable. Open the Printer Setting Tool. Go to the Wireless LAN tab. Make sure that the WirelessDirect feature is On.
- To connect your Brother printer to WiFi, you need to turn on WiFi on your Printer. To do so, press the WiFi icon for about 1 second; the WiFi indicator will start showing a blue flashing light after every 3 seconds.
- Once done, use your mobile or computer to choose the SSID of your printer.
- After that, type your password.
Keep in mind if you press the Wi-Fi button for more than 5 seconds the printer will enter the WPS mode and every attempt to Wi-Fi Direct will fail.
2. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Before starting the WPS Setup, make sure the WPS point and router support WPS. You can confirm this by looking for a WPS symbol in the Wi-Fi access point/router.
- Place your printer within the Wi-Fi access point/router range. Depending on your environment and related factors, the range may differ.
- Now, press the Wi-Fi button on the printer and the WPS button on your Wi-Fi access point/router for about 5 seconds.
- You can notice the Wi-Fi indicator blinks every single second.
Once the connection has been established you can see a steady blue light as an indicator conveying that your computer/mobile devices and printer are all in the same wireless network.
3. Wireless Setup Wizard
With the Wireless Setup Wizard, you can enable a WLAN network on your printer. This will allow you to connect your Brother printer to WiFi.
- Connect the electrical cords to your Brother printer and turn it on.
- From the printer Control Panel, click on the Menu button.
- Look for the Network option and tap OK.
- Choose WLAN and click OK.
- On the next screen, choose Setup Wizard and click OK.
- If you see WLAN enabled? Option, click Yes. On tapping yes, you enable the wireless network and start the wireless setup wizard.
The printer will search for the network and list the available SSIDs or the network name. Once you find your network name, click on the network name and click ok. Once your printer connects with the network, continue with the Brother Printer driver download process.
Troubleshooting Brother Printer Driver’s Issues
Brother printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi:
The Brother printer experienced a Wi-Fi connectivity issue for many reasons. Some of them are listed below:
- Weak wireless signal
- Irrelevant network settings
- Outdated Brother printer drivers and software
Follow the below steps to solve your connectivity issue quickly.
- Initially, try turning off and on your printer, computer, and router.
- Next, check if you are getting a seamless internet connection. If not, connect with a new network.
- Now, try printing the WLAN report from the Brother printer.
- For that, navigate to the Print Reports option in your Brother printer.
- Then, select WLAN Report and choose Black/Color. Tap Start.
- Check out the WLAN report if it has a Connection column.
If everything seems fine, it indicates there is no issue. However, if it has issues, you can try reconnecting your printer to the network using any of the wireless connectivity methods.
How to Troubleshoot Brother Printer Wireless Network Issues on a Mac/Windows System?
Before starting with the troubleshooting process, you have to check whether or not your printer is turned on. Also, make sure your printer is not in sleep mode. If it does not get turned on, ensure the printer wire and power socket are in good condition. Then, check if your printer display is free of error messages. If you see any error messages try to solve them before starting with the printing process.
- Then, make sure your Brother printer is set as the default printer.
- For the Mac System, click on the Apple menu and select Preferences. Now tap on the Printers & Scanners option. Then select your Brother Printer name in the Default printer pop-up screen.
- For the Windows system, click on the start menu and select the control panel. Now tap on the Printers & Scanners option. Then right-click on your Brother Printer name and select Set as the default printer.
- Next is to check what is your printer status, whether it is offline or online. For that, click your Brother printer’s icon and tap on the Open Print Queue option. If you see the Print queue, click the Resume or Resume printer option.
- Then, check the wireless network connectivity. For that, you can print a network connectivity report to check the existing issues to solve them for continuing the printing process.
If nothing works, try downloading the latest version of Brother printer software from the Brother official site.
Solve Brother Printer Won’t Install Issue:
- Reboot your printer and computer.
- Then, uninstall the Brother printer drivers and reinstall it.
- From your computer, open the Control Panel.
- Then, choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on the printer name and select the Remove Device option.
- Open the Control Panel, and choose Uninstall.
- Once you finish uninstalling, restart your computer.
- Now, connect the Brother printer with a USB cable.
- Turn on your printer and computer.
- You can install the Brother printer driver from the CD or the official site.
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation process.
Next is to update the OS of your system. For that, open the Control Panel. In the search box, enter Update, and from the results click the Check for updates option. In the next screen, tap on the Install Updates button.
Once the updates are finished, restart your printer to see if the Brother Printer driver download issue has been solved. You can also try the printer troubleshooter to solve the Brother printer not found the issue.
Initially, press Win + R. You can see the windows dialogue box. Enter the control panel and click ok. In the following screen, choose the Troubleshooting option from the top-right corner. Next to the navigation panel, click on the View all option. In the list, choose Printer. On the next screen, click the Next button. Now, Windows will start to detect the issue and provide related solutions.